I love Chinese food. Most of the time it is my first choice for either take out or dinning in. Mark cooks a lot of different dishes from all over the world but very rarely is it Chinese. At present he is on annual leave, so I was promised more of my favourite food in days to come.
This Beef and Vegetable Noodle Soup recipe is based on Jenny Stacey idea from “What’s Cooking Chinese”. I said based, because like always Mark made his own twist on it.
Let’s start with an ingredients list:
- 225g of lean beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large spring onions, chopped
- 3tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1tsp of sesame oil
- 225g of egg noodles
- 850ml of beef stock
- 1ltr of chicken stock
- Pack of baby corn cobs, sliced
- ½ leak, shredded
- 1 small celery, chopped
- Pack of baby courgettes, chopped
- 1 small tin of bamboo shots
- Handful of curly parsley
- 125g of broccoli, cut into florets
- Handful of bean sprouts
- 3 large chillies
And now step by step instructions on how to turn these lovely ingredients into a delicious soup.
- Cut the beef into a thin strips or bite size cubes and place in a bowl
- Add the garlic, spring onions, soy sauce and sesame oil and mix together well, turning the beef to coat. Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the beef stock into a large saucepan and bring it to boil
- Add the beef, together with the marinade, than add all other already prepared – chopped or sliced ingredients. Cover and leave to simmer over a low heat for around 10 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender and cook through.
- Stir in the noodles and cook for further 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowls and serve.
- Chicken noodle soup, made in less than 10 minutes! (tastyadvice.wordpress.com)
- Paprika beef stew and chilli noodles (thechillipad.wordpress.com)
- Beef noodle soup with homemade stock (deagonbm.wordpress.com)